1791 Reynolds Ave.
Irvine, CA 92614-5711
555 West 5th Street, 36th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013
4478 Market Street, Suite 701 & 702
Ventura, CA 93003
1950 Cordell Court, Suite 109
El Cajon, CA 92020
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday 8am To 5pm
Location: Orange County (Irvine, CA)
# of openings: 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Electrical Estimator will be responsible for calculating the cost of electrical construction by reviewing and evaluating available documents and developing accurate, competitive, and profitable bid proposals for a variety of national electrical projects. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and evaluate project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents to identify what is needed for a project and to create a bid proposal.
- Calculate the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- Analyze project for value engineering options while taking into account specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed.
- Identify any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems in the bid documents.
- Identify strategies to create bid advantages.
- Anticipate potential problems and devise solutions pro-actively.
- Prepare “RFI” questions.
- Request material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Review quotes to confirm adherence to quote requests and accuracy of quotes received.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Prepare bid documents including specific scope letter for each project, “Blue Sheets” and “Evaluations” with adjustments for buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc.
- Assist in preparing budget pricing.
- Attend estimating/sales meetings, and project meetings to discuss bid status, and present/resolve issues.
- May perform job walks to ensure that any field conditions have been observed that may affect the construction, may impact the prospective bid, and/or may impact the pre-construction designs and the build services.
- Keep Company management, project management, clients, general contractors, and all others involved in projects current on bid progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience in the electrical industry.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency and experience with estimating software.