1791 Reynolds Ave.
Irvine, CA 92614-5711
555 West 5th Street, 36th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013
4478 Market Street, Suite 701 & 702
Ventura, CA 93003
1950 Cordell Court, Suite 109
El Cajon, CA 92020
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday 8am To 5pm
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR
Location: Orange County (Irvine, CA)
# of openings: 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Chief Estimator is responsible for managing the preparation of electrical budgets and complete electrical cost estimates on negotiated and hard bid project. The Chief Estimator is further responsible for leading and developing a team of professional junior and senior level estimators
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, supervise, train, develop, mentor and motivate a team of estimators of various experience levels
- Manage the estimating process, ensure deadlines are met and relevant milestones scheduled and timely completed
- Prepare accurate quantity take-off for electrical/low voltage systems and any other divisions of the project assigned. Structure cost breakdowns.
- Manage conceptual cost estimates from historical information and actuals of the company
- Review project documents and identify potential conflicts and constructibility issues.
- Oversee pre-bid and final bid reviews.
- Participate in the design build and design assist process including pre-construction and value engineering activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with significant suppliers and subcontractors.
- Build excellent relationships with owners, general contractors, electrical engineers, sub-contractors & suppliers by providing comprehensive estimates & superior customer service for all stakeholders.
- Review and comprehend construction proposal requests including but not limited to RFP’s, drawings, specifications, State and Local Code requirements.
- Attend and run daily team meetings and weekly department meetings
- Apply proper analysis to plan and modify estimates to account for labor, materials, equipment cost based on project circumstances & environment, design requirements, schedules, and best practices means & methods.
- Coordinate the assembly of bid proposals in Trimble Accubid.
- Ability to create a scope letter which is thorough, accurate, and professionally written.
- Able to present proposals to clients in both private or a public setting.
- Lead a coordination turn over meeting with Project Management staff and other team players on awarded projects.
- Attend “lessons learned” post-project meetings with Project Managers, and incorporate these into the estimating process.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree, completion of a trade apprenticeship program, or combination of experience and education is required.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency and experience with estimating software is a requirement.
- Supervisory experience is required – Candidate must demonstrate his or her experience managing relationships and prioritizing tasks for a Department.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership ability.
- Design Build/Design Assist knowledge and experience in preparation, scope management and the associated pricing of these types of proposals. Must be able to attend meetings with the design team and interact professionally and manage the design process in the best interest of the Company.
- Understand and work effectively with Trimble Accubid or the ability to quickly learn this program.
7-10 years of electrical estimating experience (Electrical estimating experience with low voltage estimating knowledge is preferred).